We are certain by now you would have seen our custom work on the 1/6th Go Truck MATV 😉
This is long overdue unboxing and review, hope this would be helpful for collectors still contemplating to get 1 unit …. (just get it!!!! 🙂 ) And yeah – we got ourselves 2 units!
Here are the details
- Manufacturer : Go-Truck
- Model : Oshkosh MATV – MRAP (Military All-Terrain Vehicle – Mine Resistance Ambush Protected)
- Scale : 1/6th
- Color Scheme : Desert Yellow
- Box Dimension : L 130cm W 70cm H 70cm
- Packaging : Cardboard box with foam padding. Compact packing with parts individually packaged (see pictures)
- Vehicle Dimension (After Assembly) : L 105cm W 45cm H (excludes Antenna setup) 60 cm
- Materials Construct : Body and Fixtures – Full Metal; Tyres – Hard Vinyl; Antenna – Plastic, Seat Cushion – Foam and Fabric
- Accessories : Turret, Rhino Anti IED Device Antennas, 4 passenger seats, 1 unit spare Tyre, Rubber Mud Flaps
- Weight : Freaking Heavy
- Note : No Weapons (yup it is without), Tyres Rotate, Steerable Frontal Tyres, Doors Movable, Turret Rotatable
- Well built with Quality!
- Main material is metal, it amazed us on how the method of construction would be. Metal sheets and parts are all cleanly welded together
- Solid and sturdy – no wobbly stuff
- Accuracy – The overall shape is captured. The wheels are very detailed. Well constructed turret and workable hatch. Thickness of the metal don’t represent the scale especially visible at the doors. Less details for parts such as dashboard, interior, radio, wiring, Anti IED Device
- Paintjob is great to represent factory finish, all parts are painted with a bit of weathering
- Castlebrimstone rating 9/10
A must have for Modern Military 1/6th Collectors, the impact is literally HUGE! One of the better 1/6th Vehicle in the market and its a real gem for customizers like us to work on it as there are many opportunities to modify and detail up.